Sunday 6 April 2014

Review: Captain America: The Winter Soldier





When I saw Captain America: The First Avenger, I was probably disappointed. After a second viewing of that film, I can certainly say I enjoyed it, but I was still underwhelmed. I'm happy to report that the sequel to that movie blows the first one away.

The story, action sequences, overall production value and just general enjoyment is amplified for this outing. Chris Evans is now a lot more comfortable in the Captain America suit and I really enjoy watching him in this role. It's difficult to picture anyone else playing the consummate good guy. Scar Jo as Black Widow is just great. She certainly gets a lot more to do in this movie, which is welcome. I really enjoyed the story, and am keen to see how the next few instalments in the Marvel franchises handle the fallout from the events in this film. I don't really want to say too much about it, so just go see for yourselves. To say too much about what the story is, well, potentially spoilerish - and I hate spoilers.

I still probably rank The Avengers higher, but this movie sits on par with at least Iron Man - for now. Granted I need to see how this movie holds up to repeat viewings. I'm tempted to say this movie is excellent, but I will hold out for the moment and say it is great instead.

Rating:

4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment