Saturday 19 April 2014

Cinema Etiquette: Part II

Good Friday could have been an absolute disaster - but only if I lost my cool with the cool cats. This time, it was in The Amazing Spiderman 2. Now, you can tell from my last experience that I am pretty sensitive to noise whilst watching a movie. Hell, I'm not at home - I've paid to go do something - an activity that actually requires silence for the most part. 

Let me set the scene for you - got into the cinema, grab some pretty good seats. Things are looking good, not many people in the session. Then, you get the few stranglers that are coming once previews have started. Fair enough - some people just can't make it for when the session actually starts. We all know we've got that little bit of spare time to get our asses to the complex. 

Any how, in walks a group of about 8 people, and they stand on the stairway, looking for somewhere to park their cool asses all together. You know, because, they're a big group, and we need a whole fucking row. Well, 8 people ain't that big, but, then count the other 6 or 7 that rock up, with them. Oh shit, now they really need a whole row. But, there is no whole row. 

So, what do they do? They take up the ends up of about 4 rows, which is completely around myself and my partner.  Ok, at this point, you're thinking, what the fuck is the problem? Well, let me tell ya, these mother fuckers are so cool, and hip, they gotta let everyone in the cinema know. They're talking across rows, fist bumping each as they come in and say hi to their mates that are already there...you know, "hey brother"..."yeah, hey man, how you doin?!"....blah blah blah....

I'm hip to that shit, but just sit the fuck down and get ready, because the movie is about to start. But, you know what, these kids (hahaha...kids, they were probably early to mid 20's) are too cool for school. I can just tell. I was in school once too, and I know those cool types that think and do whatever the fuck they want. They're the type I loathe the most. If you're reading this, and you were a part of the 'cool' group in school, then I probably didn't like you. I know the feeling was mutual though. Bottom line, you're a fucken douche, and you grew up to continue being douchey. 

So, lights are down, movie starts, and they're just continuing their cool jibes at each other. Hell, they're telling each other to shut up, but they're not leading by example. One dude behind us is so jacked up for this movie he forgot to shut up and watch it. My partner turns around and asks him to be quiet (politely of course) and he just ignores her. Damn, what a cool cat. So, 5 mins in, we're getting up, and moving off to a quiter area. And yeah, I stepped on feet, but fuck ya, if you weren't so inconsiderate of others, then I wouldn't have had to move anyways. 

What else can you do - I'm certainly not the intimidating type, so it's not as if a harsh word in a couple of ears would have done anything. In the end, we sat where the disruption was not as bad, but you could still hear these dudes (pretty much maybe 2 or 3 of them) going off like they're at a movie night at home. You know why, because they're in a big group, and they want to show off in front of their mates. They don't care there are plenty of others in the cinema that want to enjoy the film in peace. Cool cats, they don't care. They never did in school, and they don't now.


No comments:

Post a Comment