Saturday 2 January 2016

Top FIlms for 2015

Another great year in cinema. 322 films watched overall, with 35 trips to the cinema. Of the 322, 87 were rewatches. For my top or favourite films of the year, I have 32 films that I rated 4 stars or more. They are in no particular order, as I find ranking films to be a very difficult task. If I was to pick my top 5 out of the below list though, then they would be: Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, Selma, Inside Out, The Martian and Sicario.

I have also decided to include a list of films that I'll call honourable mentions. These are films I rated 3.5 stars, and for whatever reasons, I didn't find them great or better than great, but they were very good or pretty entertaining.

Remember, this is a personal favourite list, not a critical darling list. Unfortunately, I couldn't catch everything that was released here in Australia in 2015. Some films that are appearing on other lists are ones I haven't seen due to missing them or they simply haven't been released here yet. 

First up, in no particular order, are the honourable mentions: The Walk, Beasts of No Nation, Mississippi Grind, Mr Holmes, It Follows, Bone Tomahawk, People Places Things, Crimson Peak, A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night, Knock Knock, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Ant-Man, Bridge of Spies, While We’re Young, Manny Lewis, Southpaw, Spy, Terminator Genisys, Black or White, Taken 3, Jurassic World, Tomorrowland, Top Five, A Most Violent Year, The Gambler, Jupiter Ascending, The Imitation Game, The Theory of Everything, X+Y.

UPDATE: 3/01/2016 - Just watched Mistress America - it is also an honourable mention. 

And now, my favourite 32 films for 2015 - no particular order. 


No comments:

Post a Comment