Sunday 27 October 2013

About Time Review (No Spoilers)



Well, my previous entry talks about expectation, and sometimes having it set to high. I’ve heard very good things about About Time, and the film maker's previous credits are pretty much excellent as well. So, how does this movie stand up to it all – well, the praise is definitely deserved. Instant classic!

I love time travel films, and I’ve got a penchant for good romantic comedies. But, this is all so much more. Drama, comedy, romance, science fiction - blended perfectly. I fucking loved it.

I don’t know much about the male lead, but he was certainly very likeable. Sure, he’s a red head, but we can’t hold that against him. Female lead, Rachel McAdams – love her! Has she been in a shit film? Well, she probably has, but, because she’s in it, it’s still worth watching. Is she the go to girl for romance films? The Notebook (classic), Vow, Morning Glory…the list may go on. She’s got a wonderful on screen presence, and her chemistry with her counterpart on screen is very believable.

Chemistry – that’s really what makes this film just work. All the characters just mix so well together. Whether it is they’re falling Iove, or have a odd family bond, it’s all just so real and unreal at the same time. Real because you can relate to the emotions being presented here, and unreal because it has time travel…haha. Seriously though, this is the feel good movie you need to see. It’ s funny, heart felt, and damn good entertainment.

I fucking loved it – I know, I said that before.

Oh, and Bill Nighy, as the dad, is just superb.

Rating:

5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment