Monday 10 June 2013

Star Trek Into Darkness




I hadn't managed to get to the cinemas for a few weeks - holidays and sickness keeping me away. I tried to go see this film on my last day in town before flying out, but just ended up doing last minute holiday prep. So, with much excitement, I finally managed to see Star Trek Into Darkness on Saturday night.

I thoroughly enjoyed the 2009 reboot of the franchise, and the trailers for this film were epic. It turned out I left the cinema highly satisfied. In fact, I could say it was better than the first. Plenty of humour and action, and a lot of heart. The cast is excellent, and they gel so well together. 

The only negatives I could say about this film is that the motivations of the villain were perhaps a little weak. In fact, I can't even remember much about the explanation of the origin of his character. I think I'll definitely have to watch it again as soon as it is out on blu ray. The ending may also be a little flat as well, but, these are minor gripes. 

All up, I was having a great time during this film. Now I'm really excited to see what director J.J. Abrams does with Star Wars - Episode 7. In fact, it would be interesting to see who they bring in for the next Star Trek film, as J.J. has made a couple of pretty outstanding films to live up to in this franchise.

Rating:

4.5 out of 5. (I was thinking 5, but I think another viewing is required first).

No comments:

Post a Comment